10 reasons to capture training data in the field.
Entering details of training manually or uploading certificates into your systems takes time and is massively error prone. Even if the paper training records are legible and don’t get lost along the way, they can be missed or matched to the wrong person. Even if they are entered correctly they may have to sit for weeks (or even months) in the pile of training records before they are rekeyed. The whole process takes up valuable resource and creates Health and Safety risks.
Training records from AssetTagz ensures training attendance and certificates are recorded against personnel records automatically using RFID-enabled ID cards and mobile handheld devices.
Here are 10 good reasons for capturing training data automatically as it happens.
- Eliminate data errors from rekeying – by removing data entry entirely you can ensure information isn’t misspelt, mistyped or misinterpreted during data entry.
- Prevent lost paperwork! Your training data is recorded directly onto a handheld device, removing problems associated with paperwork that often goes astray.
- Save time and resource – managing your existing training courses electronically eliminates the need for the rekeying stage which speeds up the process and reduces admin overheads.
- Check that training is up-to-date before issuing equipment – tie training records in with asset management and you can ensure that your employees are only issued with tools and equipment for which their training is up-to-date.
- Interface directly with your existing training and HR systems – Training Records synchronises with your current back-end systems for minimal disruption to existing processes.
- Record accurate attendee lists for auditing and compliance – by using RFID enabled identity cards you can be sure who actually attended! Having such information readily available assists with Health and Safety compliance and HR auditing.
- Identify translators – record details of who needs translation and who actually translated the content into other languages. Ideal for companies who have workers with a diverse range of first languages.
- Eliminate unnecessary retraining of staff – where previously records were not traceable, missing or out-of-date, training history is now readily available, ensuring there is no time or resource wasted on unnecessary retraining.
- Identify training gaps – web-based queries and reports allow you to identify staff who aren’t trained or whose training will expire soon.
- Get confirmation of attendance from course attendees – attendees can be asked to sign on-screen at the time of training that they attended and understood the course, so any outstanding training issues are resolved at the time, while the trainer (and, if needed, the translator too) is still present.